Wild Rose Registry

If you have moved within the Province of Alberta, you are required to notify Alberta Registries of the address change immediately. To change your address, you must come into the office with the following:

1. Photo documents that must contain your legal name and date of birth (DOB). At least one of these documents must also prove that you are legally permitted to be in Canada. Some examples of primary photo identification are (this is not an all inclusive list):

  • Alberta operator's licence or identification card
  • Photo driver's licence (from another jurisdiction)
  • Images on the Motor Vehicles System (MOVES)
  • Photo identification card issued by another Motor Vehicle jurisdiction or government issued photo identification
  • Citizenship, Immigration, Naturalization, or Permanent Resident Card
  • Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card
  • Passport
  • Municipal, Territorial, Provincial or Federal Police Force Identification

2. Support documents that contain two data elements such as name, DOB, signature, address, etc. At least one of these documents must show that you live in Alberta and have a residence here. Some examples of original support documents (certified documents are acceptable) are:

  • Birth or Marriage Certificate
  • Credit, Debit or Account Card (must Federal Government Employee Card
  • Chequing or saving account statements
  • Cancelled cheque with imprinted name contain your name and signature)
  • Municipal, Territorial, Provincial, and address
  • Utility, telephone, gas or cable TV bill in applicant's name
  • Property tax bill or receipt, land title or mortgage documents
  • Income tax receipts
  • Insurance documents (life, auto, residential, etc.)

Some examples of unacceptable support documents are:

  • Interim/temporary driver's licence
  • Business cards
  • Cheque cashing cards
  • Library card
  • Video club membership cards
  • Insurance liability cards (pink cards)

We will retain your current drivers licence and you will receive and interim licence until you receive the permanent one in the mail.