Wild Rose Registry

No appointment is necessary to do your Class 7 test; but you do have to be 14 years old or older. If you are under 18, you must have your parent accompany you to our office. If they cannot come in with you, they can come on their own and request a parent consent form. This form allows the learner to come in and try the exam without a parent with them. You will also want to make sure that you have carefully read and understood the Operator's Basic Manual.

When the learner is ready, they can come in and do the learners exam. They must be here between 9:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday; or Saturday between 9:00am-3:00pm to do the test. We do not test after these hours. The learner will also have to bring proper identification with them. Please contact our office at (403) 251-0311 for a list of acceptable identification. The parent accompanying the learner must also have photo identification with them.

Once we have taken all your information, we will allow you to do the learners exam. If you happen to fail the exam, you can only take the test once a day. You can come back the next business day and try again. However, you will have to pay each time you take the exam.

After you pass the exam, we will do a vision test on you. So if you wear glasses or contacts, please have them with you. Providing the learner passes the vision exam, we will issue a Class 7 learners licence to them. We will take a photo and the learner will receive a temporary learners licence until the photo licence comes in the mail approximately 2 weeks later.

If English is not your first language, there are two options that MAY help you with your learners test. If your first language is one of the following:

  • French
  • Arabic
  • Vietnamese
  • Punjabi
  • Hindi
  • Spanish
  • Chinese (Traditional)
  • Tagalog (Philippines)
  • Farsi

We can allow you to do the exam in that language. If your native language is not one of the ones listed above, you may elect to have a translator with you for the exam. The translator may be one of the people listed below:

  • Minister of Religion authorized under provincial law to Perform marriages
  • Signing officer of bank or trust company or full-time Manager of a credit union
  • Judge, Magistrate, Police Officer (R.C.M.P., Provincial or Municipal)
  • Person occupying a senior university administrative position or teaching appointment in a university
  • Principal or secondary or primary school
  • Professional Accountant (member of C.A., C.M.A.)
  • Professional Engineer
  • Mayor
  • Lawyer (Member of a professional bar association)
  • Notary Public
  • Medical Doctor, Dentist, Chiropractor
  • Postmaster
  • Veterinarian

The translator must be able to prove their designation when they come into the registry.